Southampton – oil and gas
Circa £35k OTE
A leading international specialist recruiter for the maritime and shipping industry, with strategically placed offices in the UK and overseas. Established for over 15 years now, they have just moved their head office in Southampton to newly renovated offices which offer unrivalled views across Southampton water, bright and spacious open plan environment, state of the art systems, free parking and a genuine opportunity to build your recruitment career. In fact, the majority of their team leaders and managers are all home grown.
Two years ago, my client had a booming oil and gas division with consultants billing over £150k per year. Unfortunately, the oil and gas market worldwide took a dramatic drop and as a result many recruiters exited the industry. The good news is, all signs are positive to show that the market is on the up! As a result, our client is now seeing a steady stream of vacancies and therefore would like to capitalise upon this market trend and rebuild an oil and gas division.
- Building professional relationships with existing clients
- Expanding the current client base through intelligent recruiting and not phone bashing
- Attracting candidates utilising a variety of methods including using social media to head hunt, advertising and networking, building your own reputation
- Managing the interview/selection processes for client and candidate from initial screen to candidate placement
- Negotiating salaries and terms and conditions within specified guidelines
- Researching the market place and industry
- Attending industry specific conferences and exhibitions
- Above all else, truly immersing yourself in your market keeping up to date with industry news and changes
- Ideally you will be degree educated but this is not essential
- We are specifically looking for recruitment experience within the technical or engineering market, or someone who has a genuine interest in the oil and gas market
- You will be someone who thrives on achieving targets and working towards company and personal goals
- Ideally you will be looking for an opportunity to grow and manage a division and to step in to a team leader role in the near future
Why would you want this role:
- An opportunity to develop your career
- Beautiful offices with free parking
- A commission scheme that offers a ZERO threshold
- In addition an opportunity to earn quarterly bonus
- Flexible working and a grown up non KPI environment
- Annual incentives such as a recent trip to Dubai all expenses paid!
|Job Category||Oil and gas|