Recruitment team leader white collar built environment
Package to £60k plus
A business that can boast year on year growth even through the 2008/2009 recession who are specialists within the white collar engineering market to incorporate design, building services, built environment, utilities. A great opportunity has arisen for a strong team leader to manage without the headache of your own personal target.
- You will manage a team of around 5 experienced recruiters, who don’t need babysitting, but do require someone to lead from the front
- Taking full responsibility for the budget for this particular area, you will drive business forward with regards to new client development and attending meetings with your consultants
- Mentoring and developing new hires to the team
- Picking up the phone and arranging meetings with new clients
- Running regular 1-2-1 meetings with your team and assessing team and individual performance
- Hands-on approach to management
- You are most likely a senior consultant or team leader right now, ideally within white collar technical recruitment. Your biggest frustration is trying to manage a team and also worrying about your own monthly targets – which is more important!
- A strong background and understanding of white collar technical recruitment is ideal, perhaps structural engineering, building services, built environment, oil and gas, design, MEP etc
- A strong business developer who can demonstrate new client wins and be able to talk the process through at interview
- Ambitious, perhaps looking for an opportunity to take on a team and to grow further with longer term aspirations of a director role
Why would you want this role?
- Manage a team of already performing consultants, no under performers to deal
- No individual billing target leaving you free to manage your team and focus on new client wins
- A company that has continued to grow year on year and invests in it’s staff
- A zero threshold commission scheme for consultant level employees
- Super offices and a management /director team who are constantly looking at ways of improving their business and are genuinely open to ideas
- Low staff turnover